If someone were to find my wallet, it would be an experience for them. Based on the condition and contents of my wallet, I’m not too sure they would know exactly what to make of me. For starters, as soon as they open it, they would probably feel I’m a complete pack rat. The wallet may only be a bi-fold, but has a two-sided flap in the center, allowing for 4 sections of cards. Of course, in the clear pocket is the driver’s license. The address may be older, but still effective enough. An observant individual may notice that I have a class B Commercial Drivers License with a couple endorsements. With this information, they might be able to figure out that I drive a school bus.
In the opposite card pockets, they would find my various membership cards: the zoo, aquarium, science center, the local libraries, Costco, and the Entertainment savings book. They’d also find my expired AAA card, medical insurance card, and various gift cards. Finally, they’d find their way to the most confusing card pockets. An Association of Diving Contractors International card, certifying me as a tender/diver would throw most people off completely. Couple that with my Transportation Worker Identification Card (Government issued ID for accessing Ports such as the Port of Everett or Port of Seattle). Last but not least, my Commercial Drivers Physical card and First Aid / CPR certification.
In the bill fold, a few bucks in cash and some movie certificates. A couple pictures of my son might help them figure out that I am a family man. If they are very observant, they could notice the hidden pocket behind the cards. If they checked in here, they would find my Concealed Carry License. I’d hope they would think that I’m a responsible gun owner by this.
This experience exploring my wallet would give them a very small glimpse into my life’s history. They might be able to figure out that I used to be a commercial diver, but have moved onto other things. They’d know I like movies, and based on the type of gift cards, that I like Claim Jumper. What they would miss is the other portion of my life. They wouldn’t know that I love working with computers, that my son is my world, or that I’m a competition pistol shooter in my free time. I enjoy working on my car, and am an amateur sound engineer. In short, without knowing me personally, they would miss a great deal about me just going by my wallet.
No comments:
Post a Comment